- @innovationhub1: All set for the @SuffolkShow School Farm Fair today. We’ll be talking to children about plant science, from the lab… https://t.co/GAlwqR2VFV
- @innovationhub1: Registration now open for Morley Innovation Day. The event on 21 June features a mix of exhibits & field-based demo… https://t.co/5TFuGI74x5
- @innovationhub1: VACANCY: Centre Manager, Norfolk.
Establishing, managing, recording, harvesting & reporting on a range of crops. A… https://t.co/NVveDprrXA
- @innovationhub1: Love events, hospitality and keeping people organised?
We need an Admin and Events Assistant at NIAB in Cambridge… https://t.co/gWAOJ1JADX
- @innovationhub1: VACANCY: Skilled Field Trials Arable Operator, Cambridge.
Cultivations, drilling, irrigation, spraying & fertilizer… https://t.co/eAwEaUWJ4v
- @innovationhub1: NIAB is a partner in the new Ceres AgriTech Knowledge Exchange Partnership, turning innovative agritech research in… https://t.co/pf3eJxE14p
- @innovationhub1: VACANCIES: Seasonal Laboratory Analysts.
To assist in the biochemistry laboratory in the delivery of grain and prod… https://t.co/lMaHJ9RSN6
- @innovationhub1: Register now for Croft Open Day on 28 June 2018. Free to attend, the event features a mix of exhibits and field-bas… https://t.co/u5Eg22p1SR
- @innovationhub1: Dr Elizabeth Stockdale, of NIAB and the SSA Science Panel, addresses the Sustainable Soils Alliance Parliamentary e… https://t.co/ZYIkvbXwKa
- @innovationhub1: Technical Director Bill Clark featured on @bbclookeast west prog this pm, talking about the wet start to spring dri… https://t.co/eYcGpSE3L5
- @innovationhub1: Vacancy: Finance Business Partner.
A varied and exciting role within our finance team providing incisive support to… https://t.co/63Y7hLGFXs
The Innovation Hub is a purpose-built facility in the heart of Cambridgeshire, facilitated by funding from the Eastern Agritech Growth Initiative. This unique centre has a particular focus on fresh produce and field vegetables generally. We welcome farmers and growers, food businesses, and other users wishing to engage in applied research work to reduce or re-use all forms of waste in the food supply chain and improve resource use efficiency in its production.
Research and trial activity includes:
- Waste reduction — healthy soils, crop production, field and post harvest storage
- Waste management — packing, processing and alternative uses and markets
- Increase value or application potential for new products from waste streams
- Identifying opportunities to recycle waste or generate energy and co-products
- Target total and marketable field losses, due to weather, pests and diseases or other damage
- Reduce loss of quality or specification in store due to crop physiology, disease or storage conditions
The Hub is also set up for technology transfer events and provides a centre for training and apprenticeships. Links are being forged with schools and colleges to support learning throughout the region and to develop the skills required for a thriving agri-industry.
Managed by NIAB and overseen by an independent non-executive Board, Innovation Hub includes project management, business development, research and technical personnel with specific knowledge related to crop science, waste management and field trials.
Reducing wastage in UK agriculture is a key step in addressing the challenge of producing food in a more sustainable and efficient way. WRAP UK estimates that 16% of all food waste occurs before it arrives on retailers' shelves.